Saturday, October 08, 2011

The Nobel Prize for Literature 2011

Did you hear who has been awarded the Nobel prize for Literature this year?


My favorite poet. And a Swede!

I'm definitely not into poetry, but this poet is amazing. I was forced to read and analyze him in high school and I'm so glad that I had to. Tranströmer writes in a pretty simple way, with a very metaphorical language. He's been translated into over 60 languages and I've heard that his poems are great translated too.

He unfortunately doesn't write much anymore due to a stroke he suffered, but he's also a very good piano player and I think there are published recordings by him too.

I truly recommend you reading some of Tranströmers work! Here's an Amazon link to one of his books: The Great Enigma: New Collected Poems

No comments: