Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Vietnamese Chicken and Cabbage Sallad

I know, I have been terrible at updating this blog. But I will try to shape up. I recently bought a couple of new cook books with a Vietnam theme and I'm gonna try and make some more Asian food. It's often easy to cook, it's quite healthy and doesn't need an endless amount of ingredients.

Goi Ga Bap Cai
Serves 4

3 chicken breasts (or the same amount chicken meat from other parts)
1/2 head of white cabbage (or Chinese cabbage), sliced very fine
2-3 tablespoons fish sauce
2-3 chopped mint
1 tablespoon brown sugar (or honey)
2-3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon roughly grinded black or white pepper

Optional add ins:
Roasted, chopped peanuts
Fresh coriander/cilantro
Rice noodles
Carrots, thinly sliced

Let the chicken simmer in chicken stock for about 15 minutes. Check to make sure they are done. Take them out to cool off. Shred them finely or tear them into thin threads.
Mix the chicken with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving to make sure the flavors mixes.

1 comment:

Mortons Love said...

Hey, so Holly told me you're coming for an extended visit! Yeah! I'm excited.