Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fish Soup


I made a delicious fish soup the other day. I took the recipe from one of my cook books, but edited it slightly, plus I had to half it. It had two different fishes, clams and shrimps. I love shellfish! Here is my edited version:

Serves 4:
400 g cod
150 g salmon
250 g shrimps (boiled, unpeeled)
1/2 leek
2 carrots
3 potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
0.5 g saffron
1 l shrimp stock
2 fish stock cubes
1 tin of clams
chopped dill
lemon juice
black pepper

Thaw the fish if it's frozen. Peel the shrimps. Boil the shells in lightly salted water 10-15 minutes. Strain the stock.

Cut the fish into 2 cm/1 inch cubes. Rinse the leek and slice it thinly. Peel and cut the potatoes and carrots into smaller pieces. Sizzle it in the butter in a large pot. Add saffron, shrimp stock and fish stock cubes. Bring to the boil and let it boil for 4-5 minutes.

Add the fish and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Then add the shrimps, the clams and some dill. Reheat. Add lemon juice and pepper to taste.

Preferably served with aioli and bread.

No comments: