Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Some of my cooking the past days

Success:
The Chocolate Griddle Cakes from Epicurious! SO yummy, really a success. I didn't made the chocolate sauce, I thought that was gonna be too much for a breakfast. We didn't eat them with anything else, but I think raspberries or strawberries would be a perfect match.

Not succees:
I decided to make pasta with ham and mushrooms yesterday. I've done that a hundred times before, and I thought we had everything at home. Turned out we didn't. I was out of cream but had milk. So I thought I could make a sauce of the same amount of milk and add some Maizena instead of the cream. Good. Unfortunately, I only had a little under 1/2 cup of milk (needed at LEAST 1 cup). I had to mix in water to get the right amount of sauce. And lots of cheese to make it taste SOMETHING, at least. This dish didn't become a hit as it use to be. Conclusion: Always double check the fridge for groceries that you should have, in case you actually don't have them.

No comments: